Don't Tempt Me (by Terri Garey)

"I can resist anything except temptation," said Oscar Wilde. The very nature of temptation itself is part of its allure...forbidden fruit seems sweeter, and some secrets can be delicious. Mae West's take on the situation was similar: "I usually avoid temptation, unless I can't resist.”

When was the last time you were tempted to do something you knew you shouldn't? I'm not talking about sneaking that extra piece of cake or telling a little white lie--I'm talking about a deep desire to do something you knew was really wrong, like have an affair, or take something that didn't belong to you.

No need to confess what the temptation was (please don't!), and no need to confess whether you yielded to it. Just think, for a moment, about the question.

Does the fact that you were tempted to do something you knew was wrong make you a bad person, or is experiencing temptation just a part of our nature as human beings?

Resisting temptation is a big part of the problem that Nicki Styx faces in her latest adventure, YOU'RE THE ONE THAT I HAUNT. Her ability to speak to the dead has brought her to the attention of the Devil himself, and he's decided to make her life a living hell by tempting her at every turn. Unfortunately, he knows her every weakness, and as Shakespeare pointed out, “the Devil hath power to form a pleasing shape.”  And, in the case of Sammy Divine, a very tempting shape.

Now “in the flesh” as the smokin' hot owner of Divinyls, an indie music store across the street from Nicki's vintage shop, Handbags and Gladrags, Sammy Divine is the original bad boy with a dark side, and he's out to seduce Nicki Styx, one way or another!

Take a look at the dilemma Nicki faces by watching the trailer, and think about how YOU might decide when under the influence of temptation. I'll be giving away a signed copy of YOU'RE THE ONE THAT I HAUNT to one lucky commenter!



Terri

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Love the video, can't wait to read the book! Personally I'd take tall, dark and handsome any day...

5:41 PM  

Blogger Rose Pressey said:

Oh, great trailer! Can't wait to read the book.

6:15 PM  

Blogger G said:

Ooooo, I'll take one good and one evil to go. How do you lose?

7:07 PM  

Blogger Mariee said:

Great trailer. If the devil looked like that I'd be tempted too!

8:55 PM  

Blogger Terri Garey said:

Thanks, guys. I found myself tempted myself with this one! :-) What IS it about bad boys?

Gin, you win a copy for not being willing to compromise and taking tall, dark and handsome as well as tall, blond and devilish!

Email me at terrigarey@gmail.com with your mailing address, and I'll put your book in the mail ASAP!

9:30 AM  

Blogger G said:

Yay! I'll email you in a jiffy.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home