"These aren't the droids we're looking for."

If you're a Star Wars geek like me, you'll recognize this as the line spoken by a stormtrooper when Obi Wan Kenobi used his Jedi mind trick. Wouldn't you know it, I got a snapshot of the actor who played that stormtrooper. (Sorry, the picture is kinda fuzzy.)


How did I get so lucky, you ask? For the first time ever, Avon Books and Eos (www.outofthiseos.com) shared a booth at New York Comic Con 2009. There was a bit of pandemonium as we gave away books throughout the weekend, but every reader walked away happy.



Then, there were the authors (below). Kim Harrison (right) and Jeaniene Frost (left) were on the Writers on Writing panel...


...While the Avon and Eos authors did another on Kick A$$ Female Authors and Their Killer Heroines...wearing their Wonder Woman crowns!


Of course, there were signings, as Jeaniene Frost gave away her latest AT GRAVE'S END.


And, in case you thought it was all work for me, I did manage to sneak in a panel just for me...

5 Comments:

Blogger Sutapa said:

Your blog has been Tagged. You can pick up your tag at
http://peacecooking.blogspot.com

2:15 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Thanks so much again, Erika! You were very loyal to stay and see our panel instead of the Joss Whedon one :-)

2:56 PM  

Blogger Seressia said:

New Torchwood is coming? You've made my month!

1:47 PM  

Blogger Rachael Herron said:

Ooh! I'm one of your authors -- will you be at WonderCon in SF this year? I'll have to stop by if so....

8:10 PM  

Blogger Santa said:

I've heard so many incredible things about ConCom. LOVE that Torchwood poster and have missed it on BBC-America. Yay, to a new season.

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home