Men need to read romance.

I'm very picky about the reality shows I watch, but one I just discovered is THE MILLIONAIRE MATCHMAKER. Don't laugh--it's a pretty good show! Not only does she give good relationship and dating advice, she reads people quickly and accurately, and is hilariously blunt.

One particular episode had these two guys, early thirties, successful, good looks, and they wanted to find women who would double date because apparently the guys did everything together (which earned them an eye-roll).

Anyway, they show up to greet their women. Shirtless. One of the women thought it was juvenile and their date did not get off to a good start, and she refused to another date. Later, our Matchmaker chastised the guys, advising that you only get to make a first impression once.

And, if the guy from this clip of the new season of THE MILLIONAIRE MATCHMAKER is anything to go by, men seem to need lots of relationship and dating advice.

Which leads me to my earlier statement: Men need to read romance.

Romance novels are, in my opinion, a great source of advice. My pick for this month is Lynsay Sands' DEVIL OF THE HIGHLANDS. Our hero Cullen is not used to expressing his feelings, and it takes a very special woman to teach him to say those three little words.

Now, if your male friend/acquaintance/family member came to you for dating tips and you were going to suggest a romance, which would you pull off your shelf?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said:

I love Patti on Millionaire Matchmaker! I was skeptical when I first heard about the show, but she seems to dish it out to both the men and women equally. And the fact that she comes from a long line of matchmakers is hilarious.

11:49 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

I don't bother about what world says on this issue. But one thing is clear that Millionaire is - a Matchmaker and that's it!

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home