One of my dearest friends is getting married this summer and it has gotten me thinking about interesting wedding traditions. She’s not doing a traditional service, she’s getting handfasted.

I love the symbolism of the bride and groom being tied to each other and I think it’s such a fun, romance novel-y way to (quite literally) tie the knot. It’s funny, because I actually learned all about handfasting from romance novels and I was one of the few friends she told who had already heard of the concept.

It got me to thinking about all the quirky wedding traditions there are out there. What are some of your favorite wedding memories?

Now I just need to find another friend to run off to Gretna Green and get married by a blacksmith...


That would be a fun wedding.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mom said:

I just have to ask...

Who is she marrying and what's her name?

My husband has a friend that is doing a hand fasting ceremony sometime this summer.

5:51 PM  

Anonymous MeetLove said:

I like love stories so much! Especially those that have happy ending! I agree with you, the symbolism of the bride and groom being tied to each other is touching!

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home