Baseball season's in full swing. We're Mets fans in my house, but at work, I am surrounded by Yankees fans. And let's face it. It's hard enough as is to be a Mets fan.
As my husband often laments at the end of a game, "Yup, they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory again." But he did enjoy going to the new stadium, and they did win that night.

However, I'm not really here to talk about baseball. I wanted to advise you to break out your mitt! You're going to need it to catch a copy of Eloisa James's latest release, THIS DUCHESS OF MINE, because it is flying off the shelves!


Take me back from the ballgame, take me back to the gowns. Buy me some Romantic poetry and Georgian attire, so I can catch the eye of a remarkable duke...

Okay, enough, enough!! I couldn't help myself. :)

But, seriously, you have to check out Eloisa's new book. She creates rich, involving characters and sets them down in the vibrant Georgian period. This is the passionate story of the Duke and Duchess of Beaumont. Swirling in scandal, they have been apart for many years, since the moment the newlywed Duchess fled, and are now coming together again for the age-old purpose of begetting an heir. And much to her shock, the seductive duchess is faced with the challenge of making a man fall in love...with his own wife.

But don't take my word for it. Get this book and I'm sure you'll gobble it up before the seventh inning stretch!

Hey, anyone out there have a good baseball romance story? The summer after college, I worked in a restaurant in Boston's Faneuil Hall. Great fun. One evening, I came in to work and noticed one of our off-duty bartenders in a baseball uniform (the restaurant had a team and I didn't even know it). Tall, slim, handsome, great smile. It was the first time he really caught my eye. Not long after that night, we started dating (and lasted till that summer ended), and I discovered that he had played baseball at the University of Arizona. Greatest athlete I ever dated--except, of course, for my husband who is a volleyball star!

I don't know where the baseball theme to this blog came from. If you're not a baseball fan, do you have any favorite romance novels that you can recommend to all those baseball widows out there or, to the fans who need a book that's so wonderfully engaging, it'll vie for their attention during the game? Do tell!

9 Comments:

Blogger J Perry Stone said:

Her writing just astonishes me.

Some of my favorite scenes are between the heroine and her rival.

Viciousness only the way a woman can sling it.

8:28 AM  

Blogger Erika said:

Lys, I give you points for tying in the Mets with Regency England.

9:18 AM  

Anonymous Lyssa said:

I really don't know where it came from... Just wanted to make all you Yankees fans squirm. :)

11:25 AM  

Blogger Jessica Coe said:

I love the cover!

2:49 PM  

Blogger Beauty4135 said:

Beautiful cover art and beautiful blog.

8:38 PM  

Blogger Caffey said:

I love Ms. James writing voice! I get so caught up in her stories and laugh and cry reading these. This series is wonderful!

9:54 AM  

Anonymous Lida said:

Beautiful cover art and beautiful blog.

10:19 AM  

Anonymous Peter said:

The Duchess of Mine had a lovely moment reading this book. I grew up reading this author, and my recent published title; True Love Is Not Common, has similar main characters as my book. Hope you will find enjoyable reading this book as well. The web is;www.eloquentbooks.com/TrueLoveIsNotCommon.html

6:40 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

I just read Kathryn Smith's "Before I wake" and i could not put it down. I found it in wal-mart, i liked the cover and the discription on the back so i bought it. I liked how she started the first chapter and I enjoyed the story till the end. It made me laugh, it made me feel and hope for all those who dream. I can't wait for the second book. I know i didn't say much about what the book was about, i read it when i wasn't watching baseball games. I like watching baseball games. :D

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home