I love the holidays! I'm really looking forward to hosting Christmas Eve this year at my house with my religiously eclectic family--my mother is Buddhist, my husband is Jewish, my sister is agnostic, and my brother-in-law is Roman Catholic. But we all love wine and the Wii, so it'll be fun times!

I also love hanging out with my young niece (age 4) and nephew (age 8), but they are as rambunctious as they are cute. Here's what my cat does every time they're over at my place:

(borrowed from www.icanhascheezburger.com)

This year, due to the crazy economy, the adults decided to get presents for the children only. And because I think the kids already have waaaaay too many toys, I always try to get them books or clothes (as you can imagine, I'm probably not their favorite Aunt...).


I plan on getting Willow the book PINKIE PIE'S SPOOKY DREAM (best title ever) and some sort of Hello Kitty apparel. I've already given Ian THE DANGEROUS BOOK FOR BOYS (he loves it, actually!),


so I'll have to find something else fun and educational to give him. But I do think books make for great presents!

As for me, I plan on reading, NEW MOON, the second book in Stephanie Meyer's "Twilight" series and Malcolm Gladwell's OUTLIERS.

What books are on your list this season?

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said:

I think the cat in that photo is smaller than your real kat--kidding!

11:57 AM  

Blogger Unknown said:

The truth hurts.

12:08 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

I would not have ever openly admitted enjoying getting a book as a gift when I was a kid. Secretly however, I would read them in my room. I began giving books to my younger brother and sister when I was in college and they were in elementary school. As they both enjoyed reading, they were generally well received. Your niece and nephew will like the books, whether they tell you or not.

12:24 PM  

Blogger Dwacon said:

Sounds like fun times...

3:53 PM  

Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said:

Books make THE BEST presents. Don't forget to log those titles at Karen Dionne's blog that's set up to encourage people to buy books this season. I don't have the url handy, but it should be easy to find. It's a cool thing to be part of.

5:31 PM  

Blogger Keri Ford said:

I've got several 5 and under kids in my family. I picked up 22 books today (I think I've done my part!). Now that I got home, I realized I missed 3, so back to the book section next week for me.

6:34 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

We hide from kid company, too!

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home