Where does a New Yorker go on vacation but Olde York…or rather, Yorkshire.

My cousin and her husband live in Nottingham, UK. Yes, that Nottingham. But, after proclaiming there was really nothing to do there ("The Tales of Robin Hood" was for kids)...


...they took me to Yorkshire. There's so much history here, but the most fascinating, for me, was that when they excavated York Minster Abbey (incidentally, much, much larger than Westminster in London), they found the remains of Roman Principia buried beneathe. This picture is one of the columns, but according to my cousin, the people erecting it didn't realize it was upside down until it was too late.


This trip made me want to go back and reread some of my favorite medievals...like Gayle Callen's HIS SCANDAL, or Kinley MacGregor's A DARK CHAMPION.


What's your favorite medieval romance?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Erika, I always knew you'd end up in the stocks...
I loved the Rosalyn Chronicles by Roberta Gellis, and I remember reading some fun medievals by Jude Deveraux and Julie Garwood. I always loved Katherine by Anya Seton.

Kerry

5:08 PM  

Blogger pjpuppymom said:

There are so many wonderful medievals out there and you want me to choose one? Yikes! Okay, if I can only have one I'll go with my all-time favorite comfort read, Julie Garwood's Saving Grace

12:16 PM  

Blogger Dwacon said:

What about York, Pennsylvania?

8:04 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Ah, Erika, Yorkshire! Wow, I'm so jealous! And thanks for recommending one of my medievals!

12:45 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

I have to say that I really enjoy reading Kinley MacGregor.

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home