Random Facts About Editor May Chen That You May or May Not Know:

I'm a huge animal lover. Growing up, I always had dogs, though I also had a Chihuahua named Applehead (RIP!). In certain circles, it's debatable if Chihuahuas actually belong to the canine or rodent family...

A few years ago, however, my then boyfriend, now husband (more on that later), decided to adopt a cat, as our apartment at the time didn't allow dogs. I was skeptical at first about whether I would really bond with an animal I couldn't roughhouse with and take for walks--though it's not as if my beloved Applehead (RIP!) was a big cavorter nor was he willing to walk for more than two blocks before I had to carry him.

Anyway, BOY was I wrong about how I would feel about my cat! Ever since I've had my very cute, yet very aloof Chloe, I've become one of those crazy cat ladies people whisper about! My favorite website isn't gawker.com or jezebel.com or even saks.com but icanhascheezburger.com and I love all cat books!

The most adorable children’s book—basically about a big fat lazy cat being a big fat lazy cat:
MAGIC THINKS BIG




A smart and engaging book about the history of cats:
DO CATS HEAR WITH THEIR FEET?


I got married a little over two years ago. I was very lucky to have my dream wedding right here in New York City at the Tribeca Rooftop. Though planning for such a big event was sometimes stressful, on the big day all my worries melted away and I just reveled in wearing my ivory silk satin gown--and celebrating with my family and friends Needless to say, my fellow Avon editors know how to party!

I still love weddings and everything bridal. I still look at bridal gowns (I don't have a clue why!!) and really want to plan someone else's wedding (Esi, Tessa, Amanda??). So obviously I have a soft spot for bride romances...


Available Now: Edith Layton A BRIDE FOR HIS CONVENIENCE



I love going out to eat. Though I've become a little more confident in my cooking skills in recent months (thank you Institute of Culinary Education!), I still much rather go out to a restaurant and be fed by the experts.

And so long as the food is good, I don't care as much about the venue or how fancy the place is--the chemical genius behind Popeye's Fried Chicken can probably take on most chefs!

In addition to never missing an episode of TOP CHEF or IRON CHEF AMERICA, I also recently read these fun books (WAITER RANT and SERVICE INCLUDED) written by former waiters who “dish” about what it's like behind the scenes in the dining industry. Bottom line, be very nice to your waiter!



Look out for more randomness from me this week!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said:

Oh May, if you wait for my wedding, you're gonna be waiting a loooooong time. :)

9:50 AM  

Blogger Keri Ford said:

I LOVE planning weddings too. Looking back, I would have done different things- especially knowing the weather was pretty.

11:03 AM  

Blogger Unknown said:

Esi, I have my ways.

11:48 AM  

Blogger Unknown said:

Maybe I'll just run away to Cabo and elope like Heidi and Spencer.

12:29 PM  

Blogger Rowena said:

Ooh I'm gonna have to try those last two books out, they sound like they'd be right up my reading alley! =)

1:09 PM  

Blogger Erica said:

May, I didn't know you were a fellow cat person! You should check out my cat news blog (http://www.worldwidewhiskers.wordpress.com)

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home