It's no secret that I love dancing.

I went to three ballets in two weeks this summer. I am not ashamed of my addiction. But I do realize that sometimes, I'm a little intense.

My friend's boyfriend recently commented on the dissertations I wrote about The Greatest Show Ever (also known as SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE). And it's true. I have written some lengthy, intense emails on the various dancers, choreographers, and judges.

I am really into this show. Not just because I love dancing, but also because these are ridiculously talented people doing something completely insane. Imagine having to write an entire book in a week and then give it to the New York Times to review. That's basically what these kids are doing. (And they are kids. Like, 18 year old kids.)

They have five hours to learn a dance, often in a style they've hardly seen before and, then, they perform for some of the top people in the dance world. They're great at it, too! Nutso.

Anyway, I tend to write and read incessantly about my favorite TV shows. The GOSSIP GIRL recaps on Television Without Pity? Talk about dissertations! ...and I love them. The writer is brilliant.

I know a lot of you are that way about your favorite (or not-so favorite) books. But what is it about them that makes you grab your computer and type away? Are you more likely to comment on something that you hated, or something that you loved?

7 Comments:

Blogger Patricia Rockwell said:

I agree with you. And also, they are celebrities and if they make fools of themselves, everyone will know about it!

1:22 PM  

Blogger Amie Stuart said:

You know, I was thinking last night, one of the super-cool things is that SYTYCD opens a whole new world to young people who might not otherwise be exposed to it.

And don't get me started on Gossip Girl--it's a sickness and I've got it!

Books I love or hate....I think it's a pretty even split. If I'm totally in love or REALLY irked, I think I'm more likely to write something up about it.

1:40 PM  

Blogger Fedora said:

I do love dancing but up until now have avoided watching SYTYCD--I might have to go check it out...
And I LOVE TWOP--it's awesome. I love that reading recaps is like watching the show with a good friend making snarky comments with you... sometimes I enjoy it more than actually watching the show...

As for books--I think I'm equally likely to write about them if I love or hate them. It's the ones that are just bleh that don't inspire comment.

2:10 PM  

Blogger Unknown said:

Watch SYTYCD!!!! Trust me, you will not be disappointed. Everyone has a ton of talent and they do all different styles.

There are definitely shows that I only experience through TWoP. I can't stomach them in real life, but the recappers make it so funny.

3:42 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

This is one of my all time favorite shows as well. I have watched every year. I think Twitch is definate favorite this year.

7:02 AM  

Blogger Unknown said:

OH my god, I love Twitch. I have loved him since he didn't make it last year, I love him still. It's probably a little unhealthy.

1:41 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

HI Esi!
I absolutely LOVE SYTYCD! I thought Sabra was a good choice last year to win, but I really loved Danny and Neil! And this year, my fav guys are Twitch and Joshua. Will is an excellent dancer, too, but somehow, his personality doesn't come through for me like Twitch and Joshua. I also think Twitch and Joshua have the best female dancers on the show as their partners, so together, they are dynamite!!

Kerrelyn

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home