First, I just want to say that one of my favorite non-romances of this summer, Mameve Medwed's OF MEN AND THEIR MOTHERS is going to have a full page review in the New York Times Book Review on Sunday, July 20th.

This is so exciting, I can hardly stand it. I have to say this is the first book I've ever worked on that's getting this honor.

Congratulations to Mameve, who has been such a joy to work with.








Next, there are a few other books out right now that make for perfect summer reading. I'm going to be totally biased and choose the April and May titles that I have had the pleasure of editing. Since I'm writing the blog, I get to choose the books!

The first is Dixie Cash's DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE BETWEEN YOU AND MY SHOES. The title alone should make you smile and the book will make you laugh your head off. I promise.

I'm not even going to begin to describe the plot. Let's just say two Texas women get into all sorts of trouble in the Big Apple.







Another book that's always been close to my heart is THE DEPARTMENT OF LOST AND FOUND by Allison Winn Scotch.

This is a moving story about a young woman's battle with cancer. It's funny and heartbreaking and ultimately uplifiting.

As I always tell people, "It ends happily!"









For those of you who like historical novels, don't miss Tracy Grant's BENEATH A SILENT MOON. When this came out in hardcover a number of years ago, many here thought it might have been ahead of its time.

Now that juicy historical novels are really back in vogue (if they were ever out--you can debate that!), we decided to bring this wonderful novel out as a trade paperback.

Now, get to the beach with these books. Do it for gals like me, who are stuck in the office all summer long!

4 Comments:

Blogger Fifi Flowers said:

That's a great title! Of course the shoes must come first!

2:14 AM  

Blogger ChariDee said:

I've been dying to read Dixie Cash, I've heard really great things about the books. If I ever find time to get out of town to a bookstore she's on the top of the Books to Buy list! Plus, I totally dig that cover!

11:40 AM  

Blogger Terri Garey said:

Wow, how wonderful for you and Mameve! I'll definitely be reading the review online if I can, and buying the book. I absolutely loved Mameve's HOW ELIZABETH BARRETT BROWNING SAVED MY LIFE.

Plus, I just love saying her name. LOL

12:58 PM  

Blogger Melissa said:

So far this summer I have enjoyed a plethora of books, but my top favorite genre has been romance/suspense with "3 Aces" by Richard Ide in the lead. I would higly recommend anyone picking up this book before the summer ends.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home