This is so cool!

Okay, now that I've gotten THAT out of my system, I probably only need to say it three or four more times. I can't help it.

You don't often get to combine two of your favorite things into one project. In the case of LADY AMELIA'S SECRET LOVER, I do--fiction and video.

I used to be a television reporter but it's been a long time since I've produced any kind of video. Writing and recording the video segments to go along with the story was, well, fun.

The eBook format lets me make comments on the actions of the characters and the story as it's read--kind of like sitting beside a reader, nudging her in the side and saying, "What is that guy thinking?"

I've always wanted to do that.

This all strikes me as being very cutting edge/high tech while at the same time rather intimate and personal. I feel like I'm talking directly to readers. It's a different level of storytelling and I have to admit--I want to do this again.

But when you come right down to it, writing is always all about the story and this story is a little bit different. Lady Amelia thought she had the perfect husband, perfect marriage, perfect life. She was living happily ever after. Then one day she realized happily ever after wasn't what it was cracked up to be and maybe happily ever after wasn't the end but the beginning.

Like Lucia said--Check it out. It's very cool!

(Oh, by the way, Lady Amelia is the oldest sister of Cordelia Bannister--the heroine of Secrets of a Proper Lady--in bookstores on September 25th)

Victoria Alexander

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home