Labor Day weekend is here (yay!) which means the summer is almost over (boo!).

Though I'm not traveling anywhere, I am looking forward to some good bbq, lots of sleep, entertainment in the form of beach reads, silly movies, and the Nintendo Wii.

On my agenda for the weekend are Stephanie Meyer's TWILIGHT (I've heard so much about her vampire Eclipse series and I'm dying to read it.)
...and the movie Superbad and an overdose of ribs.

Also, Dear Reader, if you're looking for a frothy, witty, historical read, you can't go wrong with THE RULES OF GENTILITY by Janet Mullany, out now.

So do share what you're doing for the next few days--what do you read on hot summer afternoons?

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara Lindsey said:

I just finished Eclipse last night. I didn't expect to be sucked into the books, but they're just wonderful! I can't wait for the next one.
Rules of Gentility is next up on my TBR list. It looks enchanting!

Sara Lindsey (from FanLit)

9:23 AM  

Blogger JennaPetersen said:

The Rules of Gentility was sooo good, May! I really enjoyed it.

We're also just bumming around for the weekend. Our fridge broke (insert me muttering expletives loudly) on Saturday. So we're living out of coolers until WEDNESDAY when they may or may not fix it. ARG! It's just like camping, only with showers. So there's something.

10:55 AM  

Blogger Kristin said:

I loved the sense of irony in this book. It's such a smart, fun read. Kudos! Kristin

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home