My love for Facebook knows no bounds. I was still in school when it first came out and I've been a proud (if somewhat dorky) user ever since.

If you think about it, Facebook (and all of the other online networks like MySpace, etc) is the stuff romance novels are made on. It's all about reuniting long lost friends and keeping those you don't see often easily accessible.

Which makes you wonder (well, it makes me wonder) what life would have been like for some of our favorite historical heroes and heroines if they'd been “facebooked”. I can just see it now...(Cue the dream sequence wavy lines and freaky music!)*

The Bastions would have their own invite-only group called “The Bastion Club” and would be “friends” with Dalziel, who would obviously have that big blue question mark next to his name instead of a picture.

Hyacinth Bridgerton would write daily updates on all of her siblings’ “walls” and Lady Whistledown would post weekly “notes” on her profile.

Jemma Beaumont would post pictures from her latest and greatest parties and “tag” all of her friends.

Julian Kane and Bishop would both have the Vampire application.
(ed. note: I kid you not. There is really a Vampire application. My high school Latin teacher showed it to me)

The Effingtons would all have the most complicated answers to the “How do you know this person” question.

Felicity Langley would have “friended” Devil Cynster, Sebastian Griffin, Simon Blackwell, and many others based solely on their profiles.

And...that's about as creative as I get. Can you think of anything else?

Have no idea what I'm talking about? Then you should join!

While you're at it, be sure to take a gander at our brand new Facebook group. (sadly you have to log in to see it.)
The first book group pick should be announced this morning!

For those of you who have not yet joined the cult of Facebook, don't despair! Here are all of the other places to find Avon on the web:

http://www.myspace.com/avonabooks
http://www.myspace.com/avonromance
http://www.librarything.com/profile/AvonBooks
http://www.shelfari.com/Avon/shelf
http://www.mychurch.org/avoninspire

*(My most sincere apologies to the gods of timelines and the people who care about those sorts of things. I realize that I have wrought havoc on the Regency/Victorian/Georgian periods. But it was all in the name of science, I'm sure.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said:

wow. entire books could be written about our favorite characters and romantic heroes interacting on facebook. the drama! the intrigue! the pictures!

really good post. and we just announced our first pick, so if anyone's reading, head over and join the group...

8:21 AM  

Blogger JennaPetersen said:

Oh, the Lady Spies would have a group, I'm sure. Ana would never update her page because she'd be too busy. Emily would think it was stupid, but occassionally would come by. Meredith would blog religiously I think. And probably a lot of people would friend her (since she is so well-respected and liked).

Now you're making me want to make MySpace pages for my characters, Tessa! LOL

PS, MY MySpace is http://www.myspace.com/jennawrites

11:25 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

that's a pretty cool idea, actually! you should make them! then they could interact... but maybe we're getting into nerd territory over here...

4:01 PM  

Blogger JennaPetersen said:

Hugely into nerd territory. But I swear, I live pretty close to that territory anyway. ;)

JennaP

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home