Greetings from sunny New Jersey where I'm taking part in the annual "Put Your Heart in a Book" conference!

I arrived yesterday (Friday) afternoon and upon arriving at the hotel immediately met up with the fabulous Debra Mullins, who came all the way from California to help out with the conference. After that, I found myself at Sherrilyn Kenyon/Kinley MacGreggor's chat. Sherri has so much energy! And it's really obvious how much she loves her readers.

Sophia Nash was in the audience as well--and looking lovely as always. I hate her. :-)

I got a chance to catch up with Sophia, who has a gorgeous cover for her next Avon historical, as well as Sherrilyn, who was surrounded by adoring fans. I also chatted with everyone's favorite bookseller, NYStacey, and Liz Maverick and Marianne Mancusi who looked too good in their manga/anime outfits!

Dinner ended up being a lot of fun as I spent it with Elizabeth Boyle and Julia Quinn, both of whom presented workshops at the conference. Elizabeth and I are up against each other time wise, so I won't get to her talk, but I had a chance to sit in on Julia's dialogue workshop. I love listening to Julie talk, as she's just as funny in real life as she is in her books. As for Elizabeth, well just the mention of her name makes me smile! I absolutely hate that both Elizabeth and Julie can show up wearing no makeup and still look gorgeous. Hate them, too.

This morning's breakfast featured a hilarious and inspiring talk from Karen Robards, which I listened to while sharing a table with some fabulous authors who included fellow Avon authors, Eloisa James and Debra Mullins.
 
And now, I'm off to lunch where Sherrilyn is the keynote speaker. After that, I'm giving a workshop on writing love scenes. More to come!

Kathryn Smith

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said:

I was wearing makeup.

Trust me.

JQ

12:17 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

I so enjoy the "play by play", Kate! Glad you're having fun!

~Andrea

1:59 PM  

Blogger Kathryn S said:

Well then, JQ you manage to do what few other women achieve -- you make it look natural!

K

9:07 PM  

Blogger Elizabeth Boyle said:

Yeah, Kate, I was wearing makeup as well. :) But I agree--dinner was great fun--and I could hear everyone laughing and having a great time in your workshop, while I was making everyone in mine work. And girl, you are so much fun to hang with! I was just sorry we didn't get more time to gossip . . . er, I mean . . . visit and catch up.

9:39 AM  

Blogger Kathryn S said:

Well now I can't stand either Elizabeth or Julia for looking so natural in makeup, because mine never looks like that. You can ALWAYS tell I'm wearing it!

Elizabeth, we do need to get some quality gossip...er, girl time in during one of these things. Thanks so much for your kind words about my workshop. Can you feel the love I'm sending your way? lol.

12:01 PM  

Blogger Elizabeth Boyle said:

Oh, yeah, I feel it, baby! And Girl, your husband is a good looking guy! Is that okay to say that outloud? Well, he is!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home