Fall is my favorite time of year...not because of anything philosophical, but because it's a new season of TV. Yep. I'm a TV junkie.

I love the new shows and, this year, I'm rooting for PUSHING DAISIES, DIRTY SEXY MONEY, and CHUCK.

Last year, my picks were FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, STUDIO 60, and DRIVE--one out of the three survived. I'm not sure what this says about my picks...or my taste.

I think TV is the reason I'm drawn to series when I read. I like connecting characters and I especially like knowing what happens to them after their particular story is over. It's like watching a TV episode, seeing the characters' lives play out beyond the parameters of the original story, getting to see that next chapter in their lives.

So why do you like reading series? Or perhaps you don't?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn S said:

Erika, I loved Studio 60 and Drive. What's not to love about a show with Nathan Fillion? :-) Liking the Bionic Woman so far, and Moonlight. Haven't watched Reaper yet. I'm also looking forward to Pushing Daisies. It looks so sweet and quirky -- and the fact that he can't touch his former love!

Okay, nuff of that. I love series because you don't have to say good-bye to the characters at the end of a book. You get to watch them grow and change and come to think of them as friends of a sort.

12:09 PM  

Blogger Erika said:

Speaking of Nathan Fillion, now that he's on Desperate Housewives, I may have to start watching it again...

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home