I have to give a plug here for one of my favorite authors, Anne Rivers Siddons! When Harper and Avon first merged, I recall saying "Wow! Now I get complimentary Anne Rivers Siddons."

These books aren't romances. In fact, in some, like Peachtree Road, nothing much good happens. But Siddons captures that spirit of Atlanta in transition--the 1950s and early 1960s--like no one else. And she creates characters who are so memorable they remain with you long after you finish.

But although these aren't love stories, her stories are, often, books about love itself. She's one of those authors who appeals to romance readers, although there isn't always a HEA*.

Who do you like to read when you read outside the genre?

*Happily Ever After

2 Comments:

Blogger lilfeathers2000 said:

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
Its Click N Comment
Monday
Have a Blessed Day
*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*

7:13 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

I adire Anne Rivers Siddons. I've read all of her books. She has such an engaging voice that you're drawn in before you know it.

When I'm reading outside the romance genre, I like to read straight women's fiction and often non-fiction about issues that affect women.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home