This isn't a romance, but I just can't resist posting this book:



I'm giving my age away, but I do remember the very first airing of IT'S THE GREAT PUMPKIN, CHARLIE BROWN. My sisters and I got to see it in Living Black and White. Gathering around our television--one with bunny ears--to watch this was a major family event. Thank goodness it was on CBS, (I think) because, where I lived we only received two stations: CBS and NBC. If my dad really worked with the bunny ears, we could get a fuzzy version of ABC, but only in the summertime and aluminum foil was involved.

It's hard to imagine kids today living without 150 stations, but I don't feel like I missed much. Do you?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Ah, Halloween wouldn't have been the same without it!

Now I get to watch it with my kid. It's like being a kid myself all over again!

Cheers,
Sophie Jordan
www.sophiejordan.net

4:32 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

I got a rock. It's a line I use over & over again!

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home