Editors Tell All:

1) What is your favorite scary book?

Tessa: SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK. The story about the girl whose head fell off when she took off her choker...still gives me chills. Also, the one where a spider lays eggs in a woman's cheek

May: SALEM'S LOT by Stephen King. My sister's 9 years older than me, so there were a lot of inappropriate books lying around when I was ten years old. In elementary school, this is the book that made me sleep with a thick comforter around my sweaty neck in the middle of summer and made my non-religious parents think I wanted to be a Christian because I started to wear a necklace with a cross.

Lucia: THE SHINING by Stephen King. Years later, I am still very afraid.

Esi: WAIT TILL HELEN COMES by Mary Downing Hahn (It's actually a HarperCollins book!)--it's a kids book but it scared the pants off me for years.


2) What is your favorite scary movie?

Tessa: The Birds

May: Old School:

Lost Boys, Jason Friday the 13th (the first one)
Pet Cemetery (something about your dead pet cat coming back from the grave FREAKS me out!)
Carrie
The Exorcist
Salem's Lot (of course)

New School:
Hostel
The Others
Saw I
The Descent

Lucia: The Ring. Very very scary.

Esi: Poltergeist


3) My most embarrassing Halloween costume:

Tessa: (This wasn't actually that embarrassing--I just got a lot of weird looks). I was Hester Prynn for Halloween one year. I had a long black dress, white cap, and a big red "A". And everywhere I went people asked me if I was Demi Moore.

May: Smurfette--I had to wear a plastic smock.

Lucia: I once dressed as a baby. I'm note quite sure what I was thinking!

Esi: I was an angel from ages 3-9 and I got bigger but the costume did not


4) True of False: I believe in ghosts.

Tessa: False
May: TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've seen one!!!
Lucia: False, though I've seen some odd things and I have definitely seen a UFO.
Esi: True


5) A paranormal romance I love is...

Tessa: I love PN Elrod's Jonathan Barrett, Gentleman Vampire series! They were the first grown up vampire books I ever read and I loved them.

May: Christina Skye's Draycott Abbey series!!!!!!!!

Lucia: Christina Skye's Draycott Abbey series, too!

Esi: Lynsay Sands' Argeneau series

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said:

May, you have tell us what you saw!

Last night I watched "American Haunting" expecting a really good scare. Not so much except for a few moments here and there.

11:50 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

I am also a little tired of the GHOST HUNTERS. They see NOTHING.

2:37 PM  

Blogger Unknown said:

Did you see the episodes they shot in Tombstone, AZ? They had some very creepy experiences. Oh and then there was an episode from a lighthouse in Florida where they caught a figure on camera looking down at them. Dude, it gave me the chills!

Mary

6:36 PM  

Blogger Unknown said:

Here is the link to that episode: http://www.scifi.com/ghosthunters/episodes/season02/0219/

7:32 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

The house my husband and I lived in up until two years ago was haunted by most people's estimation of the word. It's a Victorian-style home built in 1902. The "main" ghost seems to that of a young woman who had been a servant for the household, brought over from Ireland shortly after the house was built.

We didn't know it was haunted when we purchased it (though apparently it was common knowledge amongst the various realtors around here...which I found out later, after I confided some of the weird happenings to a friend who had been a realtor in the community at one time).

The "hauntings" only ceased when, perturbed at the constant middle-of-the-night antics, we sat up in bed and basically said "we know you're here, and you're welcome to stay, but would you please just let us get some sleep!"

Everything eased up after that (which was about 9 months after we'd moved in), and although there were a few additional "paranormal" incidents through the years, for the most part it was a normal house. We lived there for 13 years.

--MRM

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home