Lucia says "thank goodness it's the weekend"

It used to be that the authors I work with would consider me glamourous--what with working in NYC and all that. And then they meet me. For example, this morning I will gladly admit that I, Lucia Macro, got stuck in my dress. I couldn't get the zipper up. I couldn't get the zipper down. It's little teeth were all out of wack, and I was late for work--again. I tried twisting around, I tried gentle tugging, I tried a hard pull. Nothing. In the end, I broke the zipper apart and had to figure out what else to wear. I got myself into this black dress, figuring I couldn't go wrong, and though it's sheer it has this cute matching slip. Then I got to work and realized I had on a, shall we say, brightly colored undergarment, and yes you can see it. And no, I didn't bring a sweater.

Maybe this is all too much to admit on the Avon blog, but I thought it was pretty funny. Haven't we all had these moments??? Anyway, at lunch I went and got my hair cut, so that will look great at least until I wash it and it curls all up. My lovely hairdresser uses about 10 lbs of product , so I can probably hold off till Sunday.

Speaking of hair, here's a BOOK about Bad Hair that is a few years old, but that I've always loved. (Murder is what anyone in a 10 foot radius of me wanted to do to me this morning, as I cursed, swore and tugged.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anita said:

Ha, you gave me a good laugh! For someone so "glamorous", sounds like you have the same problems as the rest of us.

8:30 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

I can't say that I can relate. But I do have 5 sisters so I have a idea of what happened.
At least you came up with something.
Way to improvise.

9:18 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Having been stuck in a dress before ... I must say I giggled a little at the memory of myself stuck in my dress ... mine was blue and strappy and something I normally wouldn't normally wear, and once stuck, I recalled why! lol
Thanks for giggley thought ;)

4:08 PM  

Blogger Affordable Luxurious Wedding Dress Blog said:

cheap wedding gowns,
discount bridal gowns,
China wedding dresses,
discount designer wedding dresses,
China wedding online store,
plus size wedding dresses,
cheap informal wedding dresses,
junior bridesmaid dresses,
cheap bridesmaid dresses,
maternity bridesmaid dresses,
discount flower girl gowns,
cheap prom dresses,
party dresses,
evening dresses,
mother of the bride dresses,
special occasion dresses,
cheap quinceanera dresses,
hot red wedding dresses

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home