We're Talkin' Romance...

One of the best things about my job is the fact that I get to come in and talk about romance novels all day long. If I'm feeling chatty, all I have to do is walk down the hall and there are at least seven other people ready and willing to talk all things romance with me.

And now, thanks to the wonders of Facebook, you, too, can join in the conversation! Check out our newly launched Avon Romance Online Reading-Group (which I am going to christen AMOR right here and now!) Stop by and chat with Jenna Petersen and all of the great readers, writers, and editors who have been popping in to have their shares in the conversation.

Yesterday's topic was strong heroines. One of my favorite new heroines is Pamela Darby, the star of SOME LIKE IT WILD by Teresa Medeiros. Pamela is just about everything I love in a heroine: not only does she have brown hair (for some reason I find I identify more with dark-haired heroines. I can't imagine why!) but she is so spunky that she actually kidnaps the hero, who just happens to be a gorgeous and dangerous Scottish highwayman. Now that is my kind of girl.

So, head on down to our Facebook page and weigh in. Then, come back here and let me know if you have any suggestions on how to make it better or topics you'd like to cover!

Speaking of talking about romance, those of you in the New York area should check this out: www.LadyJaneSalon.com. It's a monthly romance reading. I can't wait to see if for myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger J Perry Stone said:

I just printed out my Borders coupon for SLIW.

Teresa says there's a crotchety old duke in there who is just my sort.

And I hear you on the brunette heroines, Tessa.

Off to peruse FB.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home