It's that time of year!

“For what?” You might ask, “Baseball? Barbeques? Beaches?”

No, Bridesmaids!

Wedding season is certainly upon us. All of my friends are running off to weddings every weekend and it seems like so much of our conversation revolves around hair-dos, make-up tips, present ideas, and -- the most important part--bridesmaid dress comparisons!

One of my college roommates is getting married this summer out in California and I am incredibly lucky because she is so laid back about the whole thing. It sounds like it's going to be a beautiful beach wedding.

I picked up my bridesmaid dress yesterday from my miracle tailor and it fits absolutely perfectly and, now, here's the most surprising part, it looks really good!! In case you're curious, and I know you are, it's a pretty Cinderella blue, knee-length dress.

One of the other bridesmaids is a little crazed because she is actually going to be in another wedding pretty soon after this one. But none of us has it as bad as Vi Connelly, the heroine in Kerry Reichs' debut novel, THE BEST DAY OF SOMEONE ELSE'S LIFE. She's got eleven weddings in eighteen months!

Not to mention:
13 Very Humiliating Moments...
11 trips down the aisle
9 one-wear-only dresses...
7 insincere congratulations...
6 seriously regretted hook-ups...
4 allergic reactions...
Too many hangovers
And
1 reality check about the meaning of it all...all setting her back a mere 50 grand!!

I've decided that I need to give each of the other bridesmaids a copy of this amazing book so that we can all appreciate together just how good we've got it.

Anybody have any great/horrific bridesmaid stories? For some reason, they're endlessly fascinating, don't you think?

2 Comments:

Blogger Dina said:

That's a really great title!

7:42 PM  

Blogger Fedora said:

That's a lot of weddings! I think I only did five or six in that amount of time ;) Vi's story sounds like a fun one!

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home