On May 2nd, I headed to Chicago for the 12th annual Romance Slam Jam. I'd never been to Chicago, so the chance to see this city I've heard so much about was great--not to mention all the amazing people I got to meet.

On Friday, I explored downtown Chicago and got to see The Bean in person:


I don't know why there is a giant bean, but it is very cool. Also cool? This fountain--the pictures behind the water change!


(There's a twin fountain across from this one, but I'm not talented enough have a picture of both.)

Then Saturday there were all sorts of great workshops and meetings. The authors had a wonderful signing


And then it was off to the Emma Awards!

I'm lucky enough to work with the fabulous Beverly Jenkins. How fabulous is she? I'm so glad you asked. Beverly won eight Emmas!


We here at Avon couldn't be prouder. Beverly is so beloved and it was really powerful to see her fellow authors honor her in this way.


Congrats, Beverly! And thank you, Romance Slam Jam--I had an amazing time.

7 Comments:

Blogger Erika said:

Yay, Bev!!

4:51 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Love the "magic" bean :D

6:39 PM  

Blogger Dina said:

I'm from Chicago, but rarely visit, they have alot of great things there, I should visit soon.

7:12 PM  

Blogger Petula said:

I've never been to Chicago. Looks beautiful!

9:45 PM  

Blogger Unknown said:

Go visit! We were really busy, so I barely got to see the city, but there are so very many things to do (and eat).

10:48 AM  

Blogger BillyWarhol said:

That Bean Shot is awesome* Very c0ol piece of Art* Is that a Jeff Koons??

;))

6:44 PM  

Blogger doctor chip said:

THAT,

was no bean.

that was the "Millenium Testicle".

it's in Millenium Park.

yup.

"neldz"

B-)

------

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home