So...it's 2008. (by Sara Bennett)
Another year older and a new one just begun, as the song says.

As usual, I've told myself that this year will be different. I've made my New Year's resolutions and I'm determined to succeed.

1) I will be totally and completely organized.

2) I will set aside lots of time for writing, so that I don't find myself a couple of weeks before deadline and in a panic, not this year.

3) I will make certain my house is immaculate, completely dust and cobweb free, and everything set out like a picture in a magazine.

4) I will spend more time with my family, particularly my elderly mother, and my son who is in his last year at high school and needs to be reminded about homework and, more often than I like to admit, to get up in the morning and get going.

5) I will take time to visit more websites and chat. I will blog more often. I will update my own websites more often. I will answer my emails every day.

6) I will lose weight and go for long walks. I will even go to the gym once a week.

Anyway, you get the picture. By the end of January, I am starting to slide. By February, hope is fading. By March, well, the house is a mess, I'm in a panic about deadlines, I leave my emails until Sunday and then answer them, the healthy diet has been abandoned in favor of the chocolate and cheesecake diet. And I've realized I can't possibly manage to succeed with my resolutions. I'm not superwoman. Like all of us busy people, I have to juggle my working and personal life as best I can and hope for the best.

In fact, I think that'll be my resolution for 2009.

Hope for the best!

Sara

6 Comments:

Blogger Helen said:

Sara wouldn't it be lovely if we were all organized I never am but I always make sure I have time for reading that is most important.
I am reading A Sedution In Scarlett at the moment nearly finished and I am loving it. Marcus and Portia have such wonderful personalties and are so mean't for each other the sexual pull between them is fantastic.
Thanks for another great read Sara
Have Fun
Helen

4:44 AM  

Blogger Wally Banners said:

hehe hope your Son does well in school :) You got my Battle of the Blogs vote :)

2:17 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Thanks Helen! I'm glad you're enjoying the book :D I can honestly say it was one of my favorite books to write.
Sara

5:44 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Hi Wally. Like many teenage boys my son has untapped potential, if only he'd use it!
Sara

5:46 PM  

Blogger Fedora said:

Thanks for sharing, Sara! I'm already slipping on some of my resolutions, wait, make that goals--I tend not to be able to stick firmly enough to my resolutions, but I can keep shooting for those goals, right? :) Yours are very thoughtful--keep on juggling!! :)

5:48 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Hhhmm I know where you're coming from because I USED to be in that space. Seriously I got my life very organised cause I just plain got sick and tired of choas!

I didn't do it on my own - I got help to change my mind set. I learnt that it's all about the pictures we have inside of us which keep us doing the same old, same old day in and day out.

And you know what? I'm a lot happier now for having orginisation, tidiness and a plan.

Hey you can't expect new results if you keep doing the same thing. You gotta change your mind first girlfriend!

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home