Our blog has a new look--one that I'm completely in love with. (Well, one with which I am completely in love.)

I especially love the books in the store window (KISSING IN THE LEAVES is my favorite). Well, when our blog got a makeover, it got me thinking about makeovers in general.

Remaking yourself--or at least, letting a hidden part of you out--has always been one of my favorite storylines. How wonderful is it to see someone gain confidence in herself--not just because of a new hairdo, but because she's really made a change for the better.

Two of my current favorite reality shows are AMERICA'S TOP MODEL and DALLAS COWBOYS CHEERLEADERS: MAKING THE TEAM. Both of them just had makeover episodes which, while not as dramatic as past seasons, did feature one girl getting her head shaved. But the best part of makeover shows is that they take what's already there and bring it out. It's not about change; it's about looking at life in a whole new way.

That said, there's nothing wrong with updating your look. Nadine Haobsh is a former beauty editor, current beauty blogger, and all-around beauty guru. Her new book, BEAUTY CONFIDENTIAL is a must-have. It gives great tips, fun insider info, AND has an amazing product guide, complete with pricing information. You can read it cover to cover, and then carry it with you every time you head out to the store.

So what do you think of our new look? Has it gotten you in the mood for fall weather, cozy sweaters, tasty drinks, and hot books? And, if you have a makeover story--tragic or otherwise--let's hear it!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said:

I just had to delurk to say I love your new look. I suspect that sales of romance books are bigger in the summer when everyone heads to the beach but for me fall and winter are the big reading seasons. Nothing like a cozy fire and a cup of hot chocolate (with a skiff of snow thrown in for good measure) to make you want to cuddle up with a yummy book. I would definitely read “Kissing in the Leaves.” LOL

Clarisse

1:01 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

I love the new look as well. Although I did like the woman sitting on the bench with a book on the old theme.

3:33 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Clarisse, unlurk! We love commenters (esp. when they say nice things about us).

4:13 PM  

Blogger Sandra Barkevich said:

Great post, Esi. I do love the new look. Loved the last one too. But, this one just puts me in the mood for a good read by the fire.

I too, love make-over stories. In fact, now that I think on it, most of my heroines seem to go through some type of personal transformation themselves. It sometimes starts with their outward appearance, but almost always leads to an inner growth, a sort of blossoming into a confident, strong woman who can step up to the challenges set before her by the hero and the villain.

I think it's because I strive for some of those qualities myself. Cause lets face it, most writers do live vicariously through their writing. At least I know I do. (That's why I like so much action and adventure in what I read and write! LOL)

As for a make-over, I'd sooo love to have a real one. I just know there are times I'd be fodder for that show, "What Not To Wear".


Sandy :-)
Sandra Barkevich - Romance Author
*October 27, 2007 at Sandra's Goings On - Guest Blogger, Gemma Halliday ~ Undercover in High Heels

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home