This book made me think back to when I first moved to New York City "for real" back in the 1980s.

(College didn't count, since I lived in a dorm.)

I know what it's like to pound the pavement for a job.


But, boy! NYC was different then.





This was just a few years after this momentous event:


There was graffiti everywhere, the trains did not run on time...

Times Square did not look like Disney Land (as it does today), I know someone who had a $20.00 bill snatched out of his hand as he paid for a hotdog.

My salary was (I'll admit it here!) a whopping $9,800/year. The day before payday, I would give the subway attendant pennies and buy a token so I could get to work.

I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Happy 4th of July to you!

4 Comments:

Anonymous sir jorge said:

i'm intrigued enough to check that book out.

8:24 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Haha, i loved the last bit of the book.
The sex is described in detail..
Because of that all my friends are now buying it ;)
Lol!

12:12 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

OMG these books are fantastic i read it and showed all of my mates who loved it and now they are all buying them how good is that that i got them into these :D x

12:15 PM  

Blogger Affordable Luxurious Wedding Dress Blog said:

cheap wedding gowns,
discount bridal gowns,
China wedding dresses,
discount designer wedding dresses,
China wedding online store,
plus size wedding dresses,
cheap informal wedding dresses,
junior bridesmaid dresses,
cheap bridesmaid dresses,
maternity bridesmaid dresses,
discount flower girl gowns,
cheap prom dresses,
party dresses,
evening dresses,
mother of the bride dresses,
special occasion dresses,
cheap quinceanera dresses,
hot red wedding dresses

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home