This book made me think back to when I first moved to New York City "for real" back in the 1980s.

(College didn't count, since I lived in a dorm.)

I know what it's like to pound the pavement for a job.


But, boy! NYC was different then.





This was just a few years after this momentous event:


There was graffiti everywhere, the trains did not run on time...

Times Square did not look like Disney Land (as it does today), I know someone who had a $20.00 bill snatched out of his hand as he paid for a hotdog.

My salary was (I'll admit it here!) a whopping $9,800/year. The day before payday, I would give the subway attendant pennies and buy a token so I could get to work.

I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Happy 4th of July to you!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said:

i'm intrigued enough to check that book out.

8:24 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Haha, i loved the last bit of the book.
The sex is described in detail..
Because of that all my friends are now buying it ;)
Lol!

12:12 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

OMG these books are fantastic i read it and showed all of my mates who loved it and now they are all buying them how good is that that i got them into these :D x

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home