When I was a kid, my sisters and I loved this show called "The Saint". We lived for the image that popped up at the start of every show.

It was so groovy--so perfectly 1960s.

There was this great jingle that went with it. Because I was young, I wasn't consciously enraptured by Roger Moore, but I loved the character's name: Simon Templar.


What does this have to do with anything?

Really not much--except as a segue into a plug for a really wonderful romance about the Knights Templar by Mary Reed McCall.

("Oh, Lucia," you're all thinking, "that's the lamest connection in the world!")


If you go to the Avon Romance website, there's a little icon that says "buy this book. "

If you know what's good for you, you'll buy immediately!





Oh, and here's Roger, for those of you who might want to see him.

In case you've forgotten: he's suave, chivalrous, and utterly heroic.

He also drives a great car.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jose said:

I think I must have watched every episode of that show. The theme song was cool indeed. The movie by Val Kilmer was nothing like the show.

10:56 AM  

Blogger Lauren said:

I've only seen a few episodes of "The Saint." I'm more of a Roger Moore fan when it comes to his portrayal of Agent 007.

I did enjoy the novels by Leslie Charteris. Good stuff. Did you know that the little "jingle" you liked about the television program was written by Charteris?

Another fun bit of trivia is that Roger Moore is the voice on the radio at the end of the movie "The Saint" starring Val Kilmer and Elisabeth Shue.

4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home