It’s that time of year--as Tessa mentioned in her blog last week--when we get inundated with the “Best Of” lists. The best music, movies, books...

The New York Times Travel section had the best ski trips for 2010 in Sunday’s paper. My favorite parts of ski trips are always the hot tubs and the hot chocolate (spiked or not; I can swing both ways in that regard) by the fire in the lodge. Notice my favorite ski moments have to do with things hot--not cold??

But I do like being out on the slopes, even though I was once dubbed the world’s slowest skier. I like to take in the sights. What’s the rush? Anyway, I seriously digress. What I did want to mention is that there is one Best Of that I completely agree with: Best Historical Romance Cover of 2009: CONFESSIONS OF A LITTLE BLACK GOWN by Elizabeth Boyle (selected by The Season Blog)

Congrats, Elizabeth!! I’m a smidge biased, but I think that this is one of the most gorgeous covers out there--and it’s an amazing book, too. This is one of those cases where you really can judge a book by its cover.

Elizabeth Boyle is such a talent! She creates some of the most clever concepts and unique scenarios for her characters, and the action, emotion and sensuality in her books make them nearly impossible to put down. So please do appreciate this book for it’s stunning cover but do also enjoy it for the amazing content in between those covers. It’s a win/win. And, while I’m at it, so is the subsequent book MEMOIRS OFA SCANDALOUS RED DRESS.

What were some of your favorite covers of the year?

5 Comments:

Blogger Jane said:

I love the cover for Stephanie Laurens' "Mastered By Love." I also like the cover of Anna Campbell's "Captive of Sin."

4:35 PM  

Blogger Sissa said:

My favorite Christmas cover this year is the "Highland Christmas" anthology by Harlequin. Some of my other favorite covers is "Memoirs of a Scandalous Red Dress" by Elizabeth Boyle and "The Seduction of a Duke” by Donna MacMeans. I'll also admit the new cover for "The Seduction of Sara" by Karen Hawkins if fabulous. ^^ I'm tempted to re buy it, but i'm rather attached to my original since it was my first adult romance book i ever read. ^^

8:09 PM  

Anonymous Elizabeth said:

Omg! I am blushing at such high praise! But mostly I am thrilled that the cover for CONFESSIONS OF A LITTLE BLACK GOWN got this recognition because it is a drop dead gorgeous cover. It truly is one of the best covers! But I might be a little biased. :)

10:05 PM  

Blogger Keira Soleore said:

Very well deserved win, Elizabeth!! I voted for the black dress cover, too. It's stunning and unique!

11:44 PM  

Anonymous Lyssa said:

At least we make better covers here than I can ski!! :)

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home