I'm one of those people who love to re-read books. Considering I have access to any new (or old) HarperCollins title I could ever desire and a Borders card that is forever giving me discounts on other new books, you would think I would always find new and interesting things to read. But, in reality, I have completely lost count of the numbers of times I have read ANNE OF THE ISLAND, The Jane Austen Ouevre, HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE, EX LIBRIS, and DEVIL'S BRIDE, to name just a few.

I remember one time in middle school; I came to the shocking realization that I would never finish reading. It was one of those moments when you first understand some deep abstract concept like infinity or true love or why you can't just eat one pistachio nut.

But there are just some books that are better than others and stand the test of time. And it's worth it (at least to me) to pass up reading something I might not love in favor of a comforting, familiar book-friend.

Which is why I'd like to recommend that everyone go out and pick up our new edition of the romance classic BLACK SILK by Judith Ivory. When we first published BLACK SILK here at Avon, it was the start of an era. Now, not only is it time for a new generation of romance readers to get a chance to read this seminal work in the genre, I think it's high time for everyone who already read it the first time around to go back and re-read it. Because, sometimes, re-reading is just as important as reading something for the first time.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I think it's time to take a peek at DEVIL IN WINTER.

3 Comments:

Blogger StaceyC4 said:

Oh, thank God! I though I was the only one who read and re-read my favorites!!

5:38 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

I reread all the time, just because I'm in the mood for a particular book, or when a new addition to a series comes out, I reread the ones that come out before. Since I liked them the first time, I sure don't mind revisiting them, especially so I can remember what came before. :)

Lois

10:02 AM  

Anonymous Melody Thomas said:

I always re-read. What are keeper books for, after all, if not to pull out and enjoy again and again. Some of my fave re-reads are, A Rose in Winter by Kathleen Woodiwiss, Shadow of the Moon by M.m Kaye, and Once in a Blue Moon by Penelope Williamson and Dark Before the Rising Sun by Laurie McBain. All onderful emotionally driven books.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home