I don't always have a lot of time to read the stuff that I would like to read for fun. I have also found that as I spend more time reading with a critical eye for work, I sometimes have trouble turning off my editorial eye.

But there was one book that I have been waiting for all summer long. And not so patiently, either. (Apologies to Esi who had to put up with my begging and pleading for her to hurry up and get the printed books!)

I don’t think I can express just how excited I was by the prospect of this book. Over the course of the Bastion Club series, Stephanie Laurens managed to build up the expectations for the mysterious Dalziel so much that I was dying to read his story by the time it came out.

Now, sometimes it's almost worse to be eagerly awaiting a book. That way lies disappointment and books being thrown across the room because, often, books that you've been just dying to read don't live up to expectations. Thank goodness that was not so with Stephanie Laurens' MASTERED BY LOVE.

MASTERED BY LOVE is a book like none I have read in a really long time. I don't know if anyone has this, but there are a handful of books that, once I have turned the last page, make me catch my breath and just hold it, trying to savor the fleeting feeling. MASTERED BY LOVE was one of those books.

I don't want to say too much about it and give anything away about the plot. I will say that, if you love romance and an incredibly well-written, moving, exciting, breath-catching story, you should run out right now and buy MASTERED BY LOVE by Stephanie Laurens.

Just remember to breathe while you're reading!

3 Comments:

Blogger Louisa Cornell said:

I agree completely, Tessa ! Like you, I have looked forward to this book from the moment Dalziel stepped onto the stage in the first Bastion Club book. It would have been so easy for Stephanie to "phone it in" or fluff this one. What she did was deliver an incredible love story and allow us to see all of the things we might have suspected about this man, but never really dreamed might be. It is definitely one of those stories you never want to end and when it does, you sigh, smile and turn back to page one to read it all over again. Thank you, everyone at Avon involved in bringing us this one!

10:25 PM  

Anonymous Diane said:

I totally agree with you Tessa. I have never been "in love" with a character in a book before and I was on pins and needles waiting for the book to come out. I read it in a day - unable to put it down, and I keep reading and re-reading it. What a romance! What a man! He lives in my dreams. Does anyone know who the cover models are - they fit the characters sooo well.

8:28 PM  

Blogger Rowena said:

This book was written like an old school romance. I enjoyed it and am looking forward to Stephanie Lauren's new war heroes series. I can't wait!

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home