The holidays are coming!

I know--it seems like it can't be possible. But Thanksgiving is only two weeks away, which means gift-buying season is here.

We all know times are tough, so it's important that you spend your money wisely. I suggest purchasing everyone you know inexpensive, long-lasting entertainment. Why, whatever could that be?

Books make excellent gifts--always have, always will. Amy, of My Friend Amy, has launched a new campaign: Buy Books for the Holidays. It's a perfect idea, really. There's something for everyone, they're always available, and they really will last.

I know, I know, "some people just aren't readers." Not true! My own brother, who probably hadn't read a book since he was eight, caught the reading bug when I sent him our very own James Rollins' MAP OF BONES. A good friend of mine swore she never read anything longer than People magazine...until I gave her QUEEN OF BABBLE by Meg Cabot.

I'm sure some of you caught on to this fantastic gift idea a long time ago. What's your favorite book to give as a gift? Any reading suggestions for the "non-readers" out there?





5 Comments:

Blogger MaricrisG said:

Wow that book look interesting (only because I love Vampire stories)- good suggestion - I'll look it up! Anyway, if you want something inexpensive but still quality, come check my Jewelry store (shameless plugging) lol! Glad to be here!

12:12 AM  

Blogger TiLT said:

Wow - thanks for the post - I am always on the lookout for more urban supernatural, especially those with kick a$& chicks!

2:52 PM  

Blogger Unknown said:

Love the shamesless plugging! Buy books =)

12:33 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

iPhone! iPhone! iPhone! A couple of romance-friendly eBook retailers have just released iPhone compatible eBook lists... I haven't been able to make the AllRomance ebooks work, but after I downloaded Stanza to my iPhone the BooksOnBoard eBooks downloaded easily (and they have a targeted iPhone landing page, which is cool!). If anyone wants to know how to do this, they have complete instructions here: http://www.booksonboard.com/index.php?F=iPhone_ebooks

3:16 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Hi, nice blog..the book look interesting...

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home