When I first began reading this book, I knew I'd come onto something very, very special. If you haven't read it, you should. It's an unforgettable story by an amazingly talented young author.

It's been out in stores a little while now, but October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and so I really think it's time for everyone to give this another look.

I realize that people are often hesitant to read books like this; worried they're going to be too sad and depressing. But while THE DEPARTMENT OF LOST & FOUND doesn't shy away from the realities of this devastating disease, the book is not depressing. On the contrary, it's smart, funny, touching, and honest. Best of all, without giving too much away, I can promise there's a happy ending for heroine Natalie, who learns she has cancer and that boyfriend is ditching her all at the same time.

Natalie is very real--she has her moments of amazing bravery, but she doesn't always behave like a saint, and that's partially why I so adored her. She is like your very best girlfriend. In addition, here's the link to NBCAM
.

Hopefully, you'll never need it, but if you do, help is out there.


3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said:

HEllo
Thank you for the review on 'The Department of Lost & Found'

As I do book reviews for womens issues for my website...I am very interested in reading this book.

I enjoyed your posts.
Have a very positive day!
DorothyL@womensselfesteem.com

12:02 PM  

Blogger Dori said:

This sounds like an interesting read. Thanks for letting me know about it.

8:06 AM  

Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said:

I lurk at Allison's blog. It's nice to see her getting all this attention.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home