Young Love...
(by Cathryn Fox)

Sweaty palms, racing heart, butterflies erupting in the stomach...Ah, young love. There's nothing like it.

We write about it, we read about it, and we talk about it, but there is nothing like the excitement of experiencing it first hand. It's these cherished moments that we carry with us for the rest of our lives.

The other day I was invited to a friend's house for dinner. While I was there, I met their daughter Becky who is only thirteen weeks away from getting married--yes, she's counting.

She talked about the wedding with such excitement and enthusiasm that I couldn't help but get caught up in all the flurry.

It wasn't until I saw Becky with her fiancé that I remembered how truly wonderful it was to experience young love. We were all sitting around the table chatting after dinner when her fiancé walked in. Becky jumped from the table and bolted across the room and into his arms. His face lit up with emotion as he gathered her into his embrace and swung her around. The chemistry between the two was explosive, and the love so tender, innocent, and delicate, that it could be felt by everyone in the room.

My heart began to beat a little faster, and I couldn't help but smile as I watched them, drawing on my own experiences. It's those exciting, yet sweet and gentle moments, that I try to capture when I'm writing about falling in love.

In my latest release, PLEASURE EXCHANGE, Cat and Sam might have agreed to a physical relationship only, in the name of science and journalistic investigation, but when they begin to experience sweaty palms, racing hearts, and butterflies, it's not hard to tell that their pleasure games have turned into the real thing...

6 Comments:

Blogger Julianne MacLean said:

Ah, young love. It's so important to keep those habits as the years go by. My husband still walks up to me every night when gets home from work and kisses me on the lips. I'm usually standing over the stove, stirring something, and I love it.

Julianne

11:46 AM  

Blogger Renee Field said:

Young love and ever lasting love. Small things last for ever and those intimate moments are keepers throught the ages. My hubby still waits up for me when I go out dancing with the gals and I love him for that.

12:00 PM  

Blogger Cathryn Fox said:

That't sweet, Julianne. I always watched my mom and dad do that through the years. They're both in their late sixties now and my dad still doesn't leave the house unless he gives my mom a kiss. It's so nice.

12:01 PM  

Blogger Stella MacLean said:

Yeah....young love. I'm married to a man who never fails to say how nice I look when I get dressed up to go somewhere. He's been like that from the beginning--43 years ago. And I met him in a swimming pool when I accidently grabbed his leg. I thought I was grabbing the end of the pool.
I've never looked at swimming pools the same way since....
Stella MacLean

1:30 PM  

Blogger Annette Gallant said:

What a great post! I definitely remember those early days when my husband and I were dating. It was heady and romantic and everything young love should be.

But I still wouldn't trade those days for what we have now. We're still crazy for each other and make a point of showing or telling each other every day, but now we have the wisdom and experience we were lacking back then.

Can't wait to get my copy of Pleasure Exchange. Loved the first two books in the trilogy and I know I'm going to love this one just as much!! :-)

3:14 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Great cover design for the book too -- very different and eye-catching.

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home