In AROUSING SUSPICIONS the heroine, Tabitha, is deeply affected by a book her mother read to her when she was a child. On Friday, we (Avon editors) were talking about books we loved when we were young.

I vividly remember the books my parents (mostly my father) read to my sisters and me when I was little. One was THE LITTLE PRINCE (I now sometimes wonder if that was kind of a depressing choice for little girls!). The other is RABBIT HILL, a book that I love to this day.

Esi loved A WRINKLE IN TIME, and has recently reread it. Tessa seems to have had a darker bent--she was a fan of R.L. Stine and Christopher Pike.


What are the books that you loved as a child?

4 Comments:

Blogger Anna Campbell said:

I don't know if they made it to America but I remember being crazy about the Silver Brumby books. I was a horse-mad little girl and these books were just amazing, about wild horses in the Australian Alps. And of course, Enid Blyton!

1:01 AM  

Blogger Mary Castillo said:

I loved the Mrs. Piggle Wiggle books! I wanted an upside down house and a magic chest full of spells to make bad children into nice ones.

6:59 PM  

Blogger Chantal said:

Oh yeah, I was addicted to the Fear Street books.
I have passed many of my R.L Stine onto my oldest, who is a lover of books.

I also loved 'Hatchet' by Gary Paulsen. I had to read it in grade 6, and since then I have read it over and over again. My 8 yr old loves it too.

1:54 PM  

Blogger Affordable Luxurious Wedding Dress Blog said:

cheap wedding gowns,
discount bridal gowns,
China wedding dresses,
discount designer wedding dresses,
China wedding online store,
plus size wedding dresses,
cheap informal wedding dresses,
junior bridesmaid dresses,
cheap bridesmaid dresses,
maternity bridesmaid dresses,
discount flower girl gowns,
cheap prom dresses,
party dresses,
evening dresses,
mother of the bride dresses,
special occasion dresses,
cheap quinceanera dresses,
hot red wedding dresses

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home