In AROUSING SUSPICIONS the heroine, Tabitha, is deeply affected by a book her mother read to her when she was a child. On Friday, we (Avon editors) were talking about books we loved when we were young.

I vividly remember the books my parents (mostly my father) read to my sisters and me when I was little. One was THE LITTLE PRINCE (I now sometimes wonder if that was kind of a depressing choice for little girls!). The other is RABBIT HILL, a book that I love to this day.

Esi loved A WRINKLE IN TIME, and has recently reread it. Tessa seems to have had a darker bent--she was a fan of R.L. Stine and Christopher Pike.


What are the books that you loved as a child?

3 Comments:

Blogger Anna Campbell said:

I don't know if they made it to America but I remember being crazy about the Silver Brumby books. I was a horse-mad little girl and these books were just amazing, about wild horses in the Australian Alps. And of course, Enid Blyton!

1:01 AM  

Blogger Unknown said:

I loved the Mrs. Piggle Wiggle books! I wanted an upside down house and a magic chest full of spells to make bad children into nice ones.

6:59 PM  

Blogger reviewer said:

Oh yeah, I was addicted to the Fear Street books.
I have passed many of my R.L Stine onto my oldest, who is a lover of books.

I also loved 'Hatchet' by Gary Paulsen. I had to read it in grade 6, and since then I have read it over and over again. My 8 yr old loves it too.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home