I hear this a lot, "I don't feel like reading a romance but I can't find anything else I like. Why doesn't anyone just write a great book for women?"

Well, sometimes they do! Here's one of them.

I love this book! I loved it from the first second I started reading it in manuscript form. Don't worry if you haven't read Elizabeth Barrett Browning since high school. This is a story about love, family, friendship, and, yes, about going on the Antiques Roadshow.

There's a scene in the book where our heroine's ex-boyfriend, under the guise of "self-help", decides to apologize for every lousy thing he'd ever done to her. I never laughed so hard.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said:

When I was doing a booksigning in San Diego, a customer walked up to my table, glanced at the book and asked, "Does this have sex in it? Is it a romance?"

I proudly said yes. You would've thought that she was in the fourth grade when she threw it down and said, "eww!"

My mom swears that she saw that very same woman buying a book by Nora Roberts!

Mary C.

2:01 PM  

Blogger Denise said:

Hey, I just read this book- a quick fun read...

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home