Lucia's Favorite Christmas Movie
I'll start today by making a plug for my favorite Christmas movies of all time, THE BISHOP'S WIFE. I have three sisters, and we don't agree on everything. BUT if you asked any of us to choose our favorite, I will bet you $5.00 we'd all say this one! There are some other great holiday movies, but this one has it all. First off, Cary Grant--as an angel no less! You get great stuff about the meaning of Christmas, but even moreso it's a wonderful story about husbands, wives, and the joys to be found in a frivolous hat. (Hey, it's the 1940s.) Oh, and ice skating, and if that doesn't brand it as the ultimate Chick Flick Christmas movie I don't know what does.

Now, some books. There are so many to choose from, so I'll begin with two of Lucia's Favorite Avon Christmas Romances

If you love the Cynsters, then you'll want to read (or re-read) Stephanie Laurens' delicious story that tells you how it all began. THE PROMISE IN A KISS starts with our hero jumping out of the window of a convent school, where he's been doing some after-curfew visiting. Who can resist him? I certainly can't...




















A VISIT FROM SIR NICHOLS has Effingtons and more Effingtons! So you know it's going to be oodles of fun...and, of course, any book by Victoria Alexander has lots of humor. But her stories are more than "just" funny--they always explore the complicated course of true love in ways that you remember long after the story's over.

1 Comments:

Blogger TaraMetBlog said:

I love reading Christmas themed romances during the holidays. I usually re-read the Judith McNaught/Jude Devereaux short story collection, Simple Gifts and A Gift of Love. *sigh* good stuff. It always puts me in the holiday frame of mind.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home