It’s no secret that paranormal romances have taken the publishing and film/tv world by storm, and I’m thoroughly enjoying the HBO show TRUE BLOOD based on Charlaine Harris’ Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire Mystery series.

I remember reading the first few books a few years ago and really enjoying how fun and sexy the stories were, but the show has exceeded my expectations in bringing these undead characters to life!

During the first season of TRUE BLOOD, I was completely rooting for Bill and Sookie’s hot and sexy romance and I fell in love with the flamboyant, never dull Lafayette and sweetly dumb Jason Stackhouse. But this second season...Oh. My....is EVEN better! Goodbye, Bill Compton. Hello, hotter and sexier Eric the Viking! And that shape-shifter, Sam Merlotte, grrrwl.

Are there any readers of the books who are also fans of the show? What do you think so far? Do you like some of the liberties the show has taken with the books’ plots? Are you rooting for Eric or Bill?

P.S. If you are looking to read about other sexy shape-shifters, check out Pamela Palmer’s "Feral Warriors" series, beginning with DESIRE UNTAMED.


For hot vampire romances, you can’t go wrong with Lynsay Sands, Jeaniene Frost and Terri Garey:

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather Long said:

Oh yes, I am more than enjoying the show. I would have to say this last week's episode was probably the best all season because it is bringing the simmering elements from all aspects of the show to boil. I even enjoy the deviations (particularly keeping Lafayette alive!)

5:34 AM  

Blogger Wilmaryad said:

True Blood is addictive. More than Twilight, I might add. I got all episodes on my computer that I watch over and over again, especially now that we have to wait a whole year for season 3 :)

4:26 AM  

Blogger ~THE OPTIMISTIC PESSIMIST ~ said:

I have to say, I love the Charlaine Harris Series. True Blood is growing on me. At first I was ohhh no they didnt.....
But now I am letting go of my preconceived notions of the story and just sitting back and enjoying the ride.
Ohhhhhhhhh I love Lynsay Sands and all her Argeneau Men..sigh..
I have just gotten the first two Jeaniene Frost series..
I am so glad I found this blog...

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home