Sunday afternoon, while luxuriating in the unseasonably warm weather NYC got over the weekend, I indulged in another upcoming summer treat--which I just couldn't resist telling you all about!

Make room in your beach bag for A TALENT FOR SIN, by debut author Lavinia Kent, which hits shelves at the end of May. It's dark, sexy, and honest...and tells the story of scandalous Lady Carrington, a sensual, thrice-widowed 31-year-old with a penchant for independence and her delicious younger lover, Lord Peter St. Johns. I won't reveal too much more for now, but Lavinia Kent definitely turns the standard romance on its head!

May got the ball rolling last week chatting about romance trends (titled heroes, medieval tales, and the merits of a good cover), but what about heroes who are significantly (read: more than a few years) younger than the ladies they court?

I was skeptical when I first grabbed the advance reader copy from Tessa's office. I don't recall reading a romance with that dynamic before (am I forgetting something?) But, a few pages in, I was convinced that perhaps the romance world can learn what Demi and Ashton have known all along...age need not matter.

What do you think, dear readers?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Carl said:

She looks naughty on the cover. Is that what she did in the book? Something naughty?

2:51 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Sounds like a real steamy book that breaks the rules. We need more books like that in the romance department! Thanks for the review.

10:29 PM  

Blogger penney said:

I love it can't wait to get this one it sounds great the cover looks great too.
Penney

11:11 AM  

Blogger Juliet said:

The book looks great! I love romances with older heroines and younger heroes and have read some very good ones. Thanks for the recommendation!

7:29 AM  

Blogger Evangeline Holland said:

Avon's very own Judith Ivory wrote a DELICIOUS historical with a younger hero/older heroine entitled Sleeping Beauty. Needless to say, I loved the book, and I also like the dynamics of a relationship between an older woman who has seen a lot and been through a lot, and a younger man, who is brand new to everything. It turns the whole jaded rake/innocent miss trope on its head.

3:58 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Personaly I'd only read it as a secondary story, when I see it on the back of the book I run the other way.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home