Just in case your New Year's resolutions had something to do with reading, too, here's a title for anyone who loves a good, suspenseful yarn involving creepy old houses, mistaken identities, and ghosts from high school past.

In NEVER TELL A LIE, Ivy and David Rose seem to have the perfect life--a Victorian fixer-upper, a happy marriage, a first baby on the way--until a woman who claims to know them shows up at their yard sale. She introduces herself as Melinda White, but she looks and acts quite differently from the unattractive, unpopular girl they went to high school with. Then, when Melinda conveniently disappears after visiting their house, the Roses fall under suspicion of murder.

This is the debut of author Hallie Ephron (yes, she's one of the famous Ephron sisters), although she's coauthored a mystery series under the name G. H. Ephron, and has written two nonfiction books, one about how to write a mystery novel. She's also the mystery reviewer for Boston Globe, so she knows what she's talking about.

I used to think that people were exaggerating when they said they couldn't put a book down (I mean, really), but I literally did just that when I first read NEVER TELL A LIE in manuscript form.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hallie Ephron said:

Hey Wendy!!

Thanks so much for the kind words on the book. I'm so happy to see the book mentioned in this blog. I do think it will appeal to readers who like romance as well as those who like seat-of-the-pants suspense.
- Hallie
www.hallieephron.com

3:44 PM  

Blogger Unknown said:

That does sound like a good read! I will have to add it to the TBR pile!

Thanks for dropping on my EC, and I have bookmarked you blog to visit often!

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home