Next week, the entire Avon romance staff is packing up their Blackberries, laptops, cocktail dresses, about 1000 boxes of books, and heading off to San Francisco for the gianormous Romance Writers of America national conference. Some of us are leaving on Tuesday, some on Wednesday, but we'll all be there through Saturday night, when the conference is capped off by the fabulous Rita Awards.

The conference, which seems to begin earlier and earlier every year, is one huge whirl of meetings, meals, workshops, book signings, and (if you don't fall over by the end of the day) parties.

This year, we're planning all sorts of great stuff from the conference, including some live blogging on Thursday, all sorts of other immediate impressions during the course of the week, and a contest (details coming very soon).

In the meantime, my goal this weekend is to rest up. RWA is sort of like running a marathon in high heels!

If you would like to get involved with our contest by posting about it on your blog or sponsoring a prize or offering advice, let us know. Thanks!

PS--Remember to enter these contests:

Avon A contest button


Year of Books chance

4 Comments:

Blogger Carol Spradling said:

Hi,

I would love to post a link to the contest on my blog. My email addy is CarolASpradling@aol.com.

2:22 PM  

Blogger Haley H said:

I'll be there too. I love San Francisco and I love the RWA Conference, so I'm really looking forward to it. I can't wait to learn what goodies you have planned, and I'd be happy to post about the contest.

5:29 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Wow! Wishing you ladies a great Romantic time at the RWA national conference! : )

9:55 PM  

Blogger Terri Garey said:

Arrived in San Francisco for the conference yesterday, and am impatiently waiting for the fun to begin!

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home