Even though Mother’s Day was yesterday, I think you’ll agree with me that it’s worth celebrating mothers every day. If you want to read about the stellar mothers of some stellar children, check out MOTHER NURTURE: LIFE LESSONS FROM THE MOTHERS OF AMERICA'S BEST AND BRIGHTEST.

You can find out how the mothers of people such as Beyoncé, Lance Armstrong, and Steven Spielberg helped their children become the icons they are today. Who knows, they might have some advice on how to encourage your own child to realize their dreams!

I, for one, am thankful to my mother for encouraging in me a love for reading and writing. Unlike a lot of first-generation immigrant parents who want their children to grow up to become doctors or lawyers, she thought the best thing one could do in the world was to become a writer (well, that and providing her with grandchildren!).

What are you thankful to your mother for?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said:

I'm thankful that my mom came from a long line of strong women. Even though they have endured hard times and plenty of struggle, they still maintain their strength. They share that strength with each other and with their daughters, neices and granddaughters. My mom is my best friend and I feel stronger because of her.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home