Karyn Langhorne takes on standards of beauty and cosmetic surgery in her remarkable new book, Diary of an Ugly Duckling.

Question of the day:
Plastic surgery is everywhere. But how much is too much? We’ve all seen people who’ve gone way overboard with their surgery—like the woman who spent over $70,000 to look just like Barbie. I think we can all agree that’s taking things too far. But with Botox and implants becoming commonplace, accepted, and (in some parts of the country) expected, what do you think? Where do you draw the line?

fp-btn.jpg

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenna Petersen said:

What a great cover! So eye-catching!

The idea of surgery in general scares me, so I'm not sure I'd ever have plastic surgery. But then again, a tummy tuck might be nice...

As long as I don't end up looking like that cat man (he purposefully made himself look like a cat... that's taking feline love too far, even for me) or that super smooth lady they always show on t.v. when they talk about plastic surgery. I think self-mutilation is where I have to draw the line.

2:05 PM  

Blogger Zoe said:

teach our children and our friends self esteem would fix all of the plastic surgery questions

7:48 PM  

Anonymous Shane said:

Oh, I think it's all too much. I often feel like how I look isn't good enough, and I get so tired of trying to compete with airbrushed actresses and models with huge implants. Why does everyone have to look the same? Why are big boobs and a flat stomach the only standard of beauty. So tired of that!

10:23 AM  

Blogger Affordable Luxurious Wedding Dress Blog said:

cheap wedding gowns,
discount bridal gowns,
China wedding dresses,
discount designer wedding dresses,
China wedding online store,
plus size wedding dresses,
cheap informal wedding dresses,
junior bridesmaid dresses,
cheap bridesmaid dresses,
maternity bridesmaid dresses,
discount flower girl gowns,
cheap prom dresses,
party dresses,
evening dresses,
mother of the bride dresses,
special occasion dresses,
cheap quinceanera dresses,
hot red wedding dresses

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home