Everyone should take a trip over to The Season Blog today. They have up an INCREDIBLE retrospective of Avon Romance covers.


Also, I think it's only appropriate to take a moment to give a gigantic THANK YOU to our Art Director, Tom, without whom our heroes and heroines would be ugly, naked, and sitting in front of a blank wall. Thank You, Tom, for never ever disappointing and making us all fans first and editors second.

What's your favorite romance cover of all time? Is it the classic Shanna with those red, red flowers? Or is it loin-cloth clad Fabio with his luscious blond locks on the old Johanna Lindsey covers?

3 Comments:

Blogger The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after said:

Julia Quinn's 'Minx' it's simply perfect.
All the very best

7:12 PM  

Blogger Sarah MacLean said:

Tom is my hero. Seriously. If I weren't married...it would be more than a little embarrassing. I knew Tom was my hero the day that I saw the cover of NINE RULES TO BREAK WHEN ROMANCING A RAKE...and I got a little teary. I'm so happy he's getting some love over at The Season!

But...aside from my own...I have to say that I'm partial to those old school covers with the big, sweeping fonts and the heroines with Crystal Gayle hair. Jude Deveraux's The Raider and Johanna Lindsey's Defy Not the Heart come to mind... but I'm a sucker for a Fabio cover... Gentle Rogue, anyone? :)

3:57 PM  

Blogger Heather Snow said:

For me, my favorite covers (and indeed, the only ones I can actually recall with clarity, even today) were both Johanna Lindsey. Silver Angel is my fav, followed closely by Tender Rebel...Oh my. No offense to Fabio, but the lean, dark hero on those covers was totally IT. The women on those two books were visually breathtaking, as well. I think it was the hair :)

I think the same male might have been on "Love only Once" cover, too, but the woman creeped me out.

All that being said, I really like the newer covers with only the woman, draped in a lovely gown. Very appealing.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home