So I was woefully wrong about OSCAR®. I'd have never guessed CRASH in a million years. I really thought the cowboys would take both of the biggest awards, and my mistake probably cost me my place in the office Oscar® pool. (Getting all the special effects right means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things!) I was also wrong about Clooney, but for the third year in a row somehow managed to figure out Best Documentary.

Those penguins might have been the best thing about the night, which, for all the controversy about the movies themselves, was really one of the most boring ever. I spent half the time trying to figure out if Michelle Williams' dress was fantastic or just plain awful.

On a DIFFERENT subject, check out yesterday's post about Shanna. Next to THE FLAME AND THE FLOWER, this book is mentioned by more people I talk to as their second favorite Kathleen Woodiwiss novel. "They" don't write 'em like that anymore, and most of the time I think it's kind of a shame!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home