Dear Fate:

As you know, David Tennant stars as the 10th Doctor on DOCTOR WHO. I’ve been following him ever since an obsessed friend insisted I watch this show, and then an author (Suzanne Enoch) told me “Blink” was a particularly good episode.

So, there I was, flying home from RWA in San Francisco on Virgin America, and what did they have on BBC-A but “Blink”. It was like you, Fate, were telling me I had to watch this show. So, I did. In fact, I watched all four seasons in one weekend. I was hooked.

Then, last September, I was in Stratford-Upon-Avon in the UK, where, lo and behold, David Tennant was playing Hamlet. But, of course, on the only day I was there, the play was not in production.

Now, this July, I learn rather last minute that David Tennant will be making an appearance at Comic Con in San Diego. But do I have any vacation days left? No. Is the Comic Con still accepting registration? No.

Alas, I must content myself with this little trailer.

But, Fate, should you see fit to throw David Tennant in my path again, I would like to, actually, you know, see him in person.

Much obliged,

Erika Tsang

PS: If you'll be attending Comic Con July 23-26, be sure to stop by HarperCollins' booth and meet Vicki Pettersson, and also Sherrilyn Kenyon at her own booth.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ann Lory said:

That is one of my favorite episodes of Doctor Who. Along with...wow, do we have time to list them all. :-D

10:18 AM  

Blogger Suzanne Enoch said:

I join you in your David Tennant obsession -- and I was right about "Blink", wasn't I? *g*

And sadly, though I live only 2 hours from San Diego, I'm not going to Comic Con, either. So close, and yet so far.

12:18 PM  

Blogger Erika said:

Oh, yes, Suzie, you were right. "Blink" is my favorite episode. Right next to "Doomsday", and let's not forget "Silence in the Library" and "Forest of the Dead." Oh, and there's "Turn Left." I can go on and on and on...

3:35 PM  

Blogger julie said:

oh! i didn't know you liked DW... i thought that was joy. :)

7:57 PM  

Blogger Erika said:

Who do you think the "obsessed friend" is, Julie? LOL

10:12 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

I love Doctor Who and David Tennant. He is such a genius in a way that is totally hot! Did you know you can buy small hardback Doctor Who books too? They are awesome for the Keeper shelf.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home