fp-btn.jpg

Erika Tsang: happy that she’s that much closer to Harrison Ford…
Senior Editor, Avon Romance

Yes, I have an obsession with Harrison Ford. I’ve seen every one of his movies – even Mosquito Coast and that really bad one co-starring Brad Pitt, not to mention the bomb that was Hollywood Homicide. I’m not known for my movie choices – honestly, how many of you can claim to have seen Rumor Has It voluntarily? So please, don’t expect me to blog about movies.

FAQ:

Who is your favorite hero of fiction?

What I should say: Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights.
But the truth is: Robert Scorpio from General Hospital. He’s an international spy with an Australian accent and a wicked sense of humor. As much a fighter as he is a lover, he can arch his eyebrow at me anytime.

Who is your favorite heroine of fiction?

What I should say: Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice
But the truth is: Anna Devane Scorpio Lavery Scorpio Hayward from General Hospital. Did you see that comeback on May 19th?! First she hugs her daughter and then she gave ex-hubby Robert the smack down he deserves for playing dead all these years, all while looking sexy as all heck. Anna is wily and passionate and delivers a powerful front kick!

Your favorite occupation?

What I should say: Are you kidding? Being an editor is my dream job!
But the truth is: A real estate agent. I’m a voyeur at heart. Just ask my authors (and some not even mine!) whose homes I’ve visited – from Atlanta to Nashville to Southern California. I’m trying to wrangle an invite while I’m in Seattle this fall…

Your favorite musician?

What I should say: Bruce Springsteen or Kelly Clarkson or someone equally hip.
But the truth is: Faith Hill. I grew up listening to Crystal Gayle, Barbara Mandrell and Alabama. In college, I would lie and say I was into rock but secretly my walkman would be playing Garth Brooks.

Your favorite indulgence?

What I should say: Reading a good book
But the truth is: Food. A former colleague once commented on how quickly I sucked down a filet mignon in front of her. I also love pasta and seafood. I have a tough time choosing between lobster bisque and NE clam chowder. And my motto is, if a dessert doesn’t have chocolate in it, what’s the point?

11 Comments:

Blogger Chic and Sassy said:

totally agrees with the dessert motto. Chocolate is a must ;)

9:18 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

You've got some varied tastes there - country, soap operas, and the mysteriously disappearing surf'n turf. ITA, though, dinner's what you have to go through to get to that chocolate dessert! The question is, do you share your dessert?

9:39 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

We'll take good care of you in Seattle, Erika! Ditto on the food, and Seattle is a great food place!

12:23 PM  

Blogger Erika said:

Heh. I just got an invite to visit Marianne Stillings house :-)

12:45 PM  

Blogger Terri Garey said:

Filet mignon, Harrison Ford and chocolate? Sounds like the perfect evening. :)

Should you ever come to Florida, I have a 1920's bungalow with the original hardwood floors to show you. The pool is open all year, hurricane season not withstanding. (I take no responsibility for random alligator attacks or giant mosquitoes, but hey, even paradise comes with a price!)

6:38 PM  

Blogger lacey kaye said:

You can come see my apartment. Ha! It's in Seattle. Does that count?

7:29 PM  

Blogger krissyinva said:

I totally agree with almost everything!! Chocolate is a must! I tell everyone I am into all kinds of music(which I am), but country is my favorite. I actually still have a VHS recording of Garth Brooks Live in NY concert I recorded off HBO in 1997. I have watched GH since I was in utero. However about 5 years ago I moved to the middle of nowhere NY and couldn't get ABC in so I haven't really tried to watch GH lately, except one day I turned it on and there is Robert Scorpio. I was stunned, in complete shock, I will have to tune in more often.

10:44 AM  

Blogger Deb's Book Nook said:

Sounds like we have similiar tastes. I adore Harrison Ford, and country music is mainly what I listen to. Of course I live in a little wide spot in the road so country definitely applies to me. lol Food is an automatic plus for me, not the seafood, allergies, but defintely the chocolate. Yum.

Being just a little bookseller, can't say as I've gotten to go to any authors homes but I do have an invite to Deidre Knights anniversary party in Atlanta while RWA is going on. Can't wait for that. lol Guess that will be my brush with fame. :-)

10:59 PM  

Blogger Camy Tang said:

Mmmmm getting hungry just thinking about my favorite food groups--beef, seafood, pasta and dessert. My favorite anniversary dinner was at the Charthouse Restaurant in Saratoga, where I got to start off with NE clam chowder, then dive into a prime rib, and finish with chocolate lava cake. I think I put on five pounds just thinking about it.

Camy

2:54 AM  

Blogger Kathryn S said:

Erika, did I ever tell you that I was born on Harrison Ford's birthday? :-)

9:36 PM  

Blogger Carol Burge said:

Amen!

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home